Thursday, March 22, 2018

NH 48 4000 footer in winter: Tecumseh

Saturday, March 17th, 2018
New England 48 4000 footers in winter: Tecumseh
Miles: 4.7 miles (total, out and back hike)
Elevation gained: 2022'
MapMyHike recording

After yesterday's exhausting adventure, I decided to revamp my plans and go with a hike that was guaranteed to be packed out. I checked trail reports and found that Tecumseh's trail was fully packed down, so I packed up and headed out. I got to the trailhead parking right around 7:50am; I managed to snag the last parking spot in the row near the trailhead, as everyone arrived for Waterville Valley's 8am opening. I strapped on my microspikes and headed up the trail.




It was pleasantly packed down, and I made good time up the mountain, passing two people and arriving at the top after about 1.5 hours. It was a very windy day (gusts up to 60 MPH) so snow had been blown across the trail at different points, needing further packing down.


Based on footprints, I was the first person that day to summit. I took pictures and scampered down the mountain, passing ~25 people, and arrived at my car 50 minutes later.



No comments:

Post a Comment