Saturday, April 12, 2014

NY/NJ AT solo section hike, day 2

April 12, 2014


Start: Telephone Pioneer Shelter
End: RPH Shelter
Mileage: 16.8

I woke up at 6 am and was out hiking by 7am. I arrived at Morgan Stewart Shelter (7.8mi) at 10:15am and made it to RPH by 2:30pm. 
The morning started off wrapped in fog. The trees were dripping rain for the first few hours. 

Nuclear lake
The first sun sighting was at 9am. 
View from Hosner Mountain
 

I could have hiked further today but the next shelter is not within hiking distance for today. 

There were more hills than the guide had led me to believe but it wasn't really comparable to VT. Over the course of the day, I saw 5 day hikers and two NOBOs (north bounders). While here at the shelter, I met two trail workers and a few day hikers who had previously thru hiked. And it looks like I'll have some company tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment