Sunday, April 26, 2015

PA/MD/WV AT hike, day #2

Sunday, April 26th, 2015

From: camped beyond Stempa Spring

To: Blue Mountain Summit B & B

Mileage: 25.2

I slept quite well in my tent. I was up by 5:45am and on the trail by 6:15am. When I started out, it was 28 degrees and a bit cold. Once I started moving, it warmed up.

I hiked through Little Gap, up and over the Palmerton superfund site (with the worst rock scramble south of NH), by two shelters, past Bear Rocks & Knife Edge, past New Tripoli campsite, and ending the day at PA 309 and the Blue Mountain Summit & BnB.

I had a full meal at their bar and got a snack for the morning, since they didn't want to offer me breakfast quite as early as I'll be leaving.

Overall, it was a rough day with a lot of rocks and a fair amount of elevation. I am glad I'm staying here tonight, and staying in town tomorrow again.

No comments:

Post a Comment