Monday, August 17, 2015

NH/ME AT section hike, day 6

Start: Beyond Old Blue Mountain Summit
End: Sabbath Day Pond Lean-to
Mileage: ~12.6 (+1.2 walking to sandy beach)

I woke up this morning around 6:15am and took my time getting packed up. Backtrack and Stretch came by around 7:45am, expecting Towanda to be with me. It turns out she'd followed me off the mountain the night before but hadn't seen my campsite. We met up with her at Bemis Mountain Lean-to amd continued on together.

Today, we climbed Bemis Range (3,580'), down to Bemis Stream (1,495'), and then around Moxie Pond (2,400'), and Long Pond  (2,330'). At Maine 17, Stretch had friends meet up with her and bring sandwiches for all of us! After we settled in at the shelter, we went swimming down at the pond's beautiful sandy beach

Overall, it was an easier day than the ones we've had so far. Tomorrow, we're hiking to Rangeley to get a resupply and then on to Piazza Rock Lean-to for the night. From Rangeley, it's 32.2 miles to Stratton! I expect to be in Stratton by Thursday at the latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment