Thursday, August 31, 2017

The NH 48 4000 footers: Carrigan

Saturday, June 17, 2017

4000 footer climbed: Carrigan

I woke up early and hit the trail by 7:30am. The rain from the day before had cleared, leaving the air humid and heavy. When I parked my car, I could see mosquitoes mobbing my car before I had even left it. I had neglected to bring bug spray, so I took off down the trail with the mosquitoes trailing behind. The trail was smooth for the first few miles, with frequent brook crossings, and then became more steep and rocky.
The last mile or so was partially above treeline, with beautiful views of mountaintops sticking out of clouds.
Near the top, looking towards the summit's observation tower
View from the top, overlooking the spine the trail followed

No comments:

Post a Comment