Saturday, October 1, 2016

Fall AT section hike, day #8

Saturday, October 1, 2016
Start: Moreland Gap shelter
End: Wilbur Dam Rd
Miles: 19.7

This morning, I started out from the shelter by 7:30am. I climbed over White Rocks Mountain (3977'), passed by Laurel Falls, and climbed up and over Pond Flats (3693'). I made really good time, arriving at Shook Branch Rd and Boots Off Hostel by 2:30pm.

Once I arranged for a bed in the bunk room, me and another NOBO hiker, David, got a ride to Wilbur Dam Rd and then hiked back to the hostel. We did the ~5 miles in 1.5 hours, chatting the whole way. He works as an ER doctor when he's not hiking; he's hiked most of the AT, all the way up to Rangeley, ME.

Tomorrow, it's only ~16 miles to TN 91, where I'm thinking I might get a ride into Damascus and then slack back the day after.

No comments:

Post a Comment