Monday, September 21, 2015

MD/PA hike, day 3

Monday, September 21st, 2015
Start: Ensign Cowall Shelter
End: Rocky Mountain Shelters
Mileage: 24.7 (+0.4 for water)

I was up and getting ready at 6:30am; I was packed up and on the trail by 7:15am. I passed by Raven Rock Shelter, Deer Lick Shelters, Antietam Shelter, and Tumbling Run Shelters. I went over Raven Rock Cliff (1297') and Chimney Rocks  (1900'). I also crossed from Maryland into Pennsylvania, crossing the Mason - Dixon Line. I arrived at Rocky Mountain Shelters at 5:15pm.

It's been overcast all day; it began raining off and on around 1pm. Early in the day, I was stung by a wasp on my left shin. Shortly after that, I was bit by a black fly on my left upper arm. They both hurt about equally, though the wasp sting has more staying power.

Tomorrow night, I'll be staying at a hostel; I'll get to shower, do laundry, charge my elrctronics, and eat hot food. For this, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment