Saturday, September 26, 2015

MD/PA hike, day 7

Friday, September 25th, 2015
Start: Duncannon/The Doyle
End: camping beyond Yellow Springs Village Site
Mileage: 25.3 (+0.3 for water)

I started out of Duncannon at 7am sharp. After some road walking, I entered the woods and climbed. I passed over unnamed view (1346'), Table Rock (1347'), Kinter View (1320'), past Horeshoe trail (1650'), and Rattling Run (1533'). I passed by Clarks Ferry Shelter and Peters Mountain Shelter.

Water was hard to find today; I had to ration myself. A number of springs on the map were bone dry. The terrain got more rocky than it has been the entire trip. I couldn't get a rhythm going; every time I almost had one started, the trail would get intensely rocky and interrupt it. The rocks made my feet hurt beyond belief; the ~25 miles took me until 5:45pm. I stopped numerous times to rest my feet in the hope the pain would lessen.

I keep telling myself - it's only one more night and two more days after today. So close and yet so far. Tomorrow I head to the 501 shelter and some takeout dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment