Friday, November 24, 2017

NH 48 4000 footers: Cannon Mtn

Saturday, September 2, 2017
4000 footers climbed: Cannon Mtn
Miles: 4.2 (total, out and back hike)
Elevation gained: 2145'



After my morning hike up North and Middle Tripyramid, I drove up to the parking lot by Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway and Echo Lake and found my way to the start of the Kinsman Ridge Trail. The way up was pretty steep, with the beginning having a lot of loose sand and fine gravel (which made the return trip a bit challenging). I hiked to the look out point and got some beautiful views of Franconia Ridge (with Mt. Liberty, Lafayette, Lincoln, and Little Haystack).

From there, I hiked up to the summit station, near the aerial tramway's disembarking area. 
I encountered traffic jams on the one-person wide trail around the summit. It was immensely frustrating. I took a few pictures and headed back down the way I came, away from the crowds.

No comments:

Post a Comment