Friday, November 24, 2017

NH 48 4000 footers: Tecumseh

Sunday, September 3, 2017
4000 footers climbed: Mt. Tecumseh (Waterville Valley)
Miles: 5.5 (total, loop hike)
Elevation gained~2000'



I got up early and left the hostel by 6:45am, heading toward Waterville Valley ski resort. The edge of a hurricane was coming in, with a cold front, high winds, and a lot of rainfall forecast, but it wasn't supposed to hit the area until at least 11am, so I hiked quickly to beat the storm.

I parked in the resort's Parking Lot #1, and found the trailhead right at the end of the parking lot (see sign above). I hiked for an hour or so, and made it to the summit (where I had to add some layers to block the chill wind). 



The summit was socked in by clouds, but as I hiked back down to my car via the ski trails, I had some beautiful views of the valley with light streaming through the clouds, and enchanting mist-wrapped ski lifts.

Despite the rough, unpredictable terrain on the ski trails, I made it down to my car by 10:30am, and beat the rain by ~20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment