Friday, November 24, 2017

NH 48 4000 footers: Osceola & East Osceola

Friday, September 1, 2017
4000 footers climbed: Mt. Osceola and East Osceola
Miles: 8.4 (total, out and back hike)
Elevation gained2591'
MapMyRun recording

I worked remotely from the hostel until 2pm and then gathered my things and headed out. I arrived at the trailhead around 3:15pm, after figuring out that the original Google map pin wasn't in quite the right place.

The beginning of the hike was a steady but manageable incline. It was a cold day but so long as I kept moving, I was warm enough.
It was a crisp day, with some clouds but a lot of blue sky as well. I saw one other person while I was out hiking, right at the peak of Osceola.
The view from the top was beautiful. After enjoying the view, I headed towards East Osceola.
Along the way to East Osceola, there was a tall rock chimney, where the trail technically ran. Thankfully, people had made an obvious trail around the steep rock climb, which was manageable.
The peak of East Osceola is fully under tree cover so there weren't any spectacular views. From there, I turned around and began my trip back towards my car at the trailhead.
The setting sun provided beautiful lighting as I descended the trail. I made it back to my car after the sun set but before any kind of artificial light was needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment