Friday, November 24, 2017

NH 48 4000 footers: North and Middle Tripyramid

Saturday, September 2, 2017
4000 footers climbed: North and Middle Tripyramid Mtn
Miles: 10.0 (total, loop hike) (would have been 11.0 but caught a ride to the other trailhead on the road)
Elevation gained: 2910'
MapMyRun recording

I woke up around 6:30am, and left the Notch hostel by 7am. I started my hike by 8am and finished before 1pm. I was the second car in the parking lot that morning; when I came back, the lot was full to bursting with cars lined up all along the side of the road for half a mile in each direction.

I started to walk from the Sabbaday Brook parking area towards Pine Bend Brook parking area (~1 mile down the road). An early morning hiker pulled over and offered me a ride, as he was going down the road to that same parking area. The ride was a welcome chance to cut off a mile of busy road walking. I hiked up Pine Bend Brook trail until I summitted North Tripyramid, which is a completely wooded summit.
I did find a small view off the side, down a small side path.
I continued along the trail until I came to the summit of Middle Tripyramid (which is also a wooded summit with very limited views).
From there, I backtracked to Sabbaday Brook Trail and hiked along the brook, past Sabbaday Falls, and back to the parking lot to finish the loop hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment