Thursday, May 22, 2014

VT section hike #3, day 1

May 22, 2014
Start: VT 11 / 30
End: Peru Peak Shelter
Mileage: 10.1

I drove up to VT and left my car at the Green Mountain House in Manchester, VT. It then took me two hitches to get out to the trail head. I began my hike at 2:10pm. I climbed Bromley Mountain and Styles and Peru Peaks.

The woods around this area smelled like fresh cut Christmas trees. It smelled wonderful. At the same time, the AT around here seemed to be a favorite place for moose to do their business. There was piles of moose poop everywhere.

I'm sharing the shelter with Mike and Chickadee. Chickadee is from CT; he started hiking the AT in CT and is headed for Katahdin. Mike is hiking the Long Trail. They're both used to doing much shorter days than me.

The weather today was beautiful. I tried to enjoy it while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment